Dear Friends and Neighbors,
House Democrats to hold public hearings on tax increases on Friday!
Folks, this may be the only opportunity you have to comment on tax increases being proposed by the majority party in the House. On Friday, April 19, the House Democrats will hold public hearings on proposed tax increases that will have an impact on you!
- Friday, April 19 at 8:00 a.m.
- House Finance Committee, House Hearing Room A
- The House Democrats wants to raise taxes by more than $1.3 billion by targeting the state's beer, auto, bottled water, janitorial, trucking, insurance, high-tech research/development, architectural, prescription drug, and travel agent industries. Accountants, doctors and lawyers would also be impacted.
- Friday, April 19 at 1:30 p.m.
- House Transportation Committee, House Hearing Room B
- New gas tax proposal: includes 10-cent gas tax increase, increased fees on title transfers and registrations, and increased gross weight fee for commercial truckers.
I know it's late notice, but that's how they usually do things here in Olympia. I encourage you to visit Olympia to testify if you can, or send your written comments to the committee members. You can find the information you need by clicking here.